This could be the most heartfelt thing I've ever shared on Facebook.
My "Credentials" and reasoning for standing with Palestinians, while loving EVERYONE:
As someone who has traveled the world and had the privilege of spending much quality time with Palestinian Christians and Muslims, in-person and through video and audio conversations, along with thousands of hours of combined theological and historical studies (to include much Palestinian Liberation Theology and History), I can say the following without reservation:
1. Palestinian people are among the most loving, caring, hospitable, friendly, intelligent, beautiful, articulate, educated, talented, accomplished, and family-oriented people I have ever met in my 57+ years. They are truly an amazing asset to society!
2. Palestinian Christians and Muslims (along with those with other beliefs) have a deep, brotherly love for each other, and extend that Love boundlessly beyond their own ethnicity and religions.
3. The pseudo-Palestinian ("monster/boogie man") persona is nothing more than a creation of "Israel" and the West to justify 75+ years of genocide, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, and other heinous crimes against the Palestinian people, in perpetuity. Many have gone so far as to deny their very existence and humanity! So much of this world's evil is swept under the rug while "Israel", Western governments, and the media, along with large swathes of academia, and Western Evangelicals continue to paint precious Palestinians, who desire true peace with equality, freedom, and justice as sub-human. Have you heard of the Rohingyas in Myanmar? Probably not. When you watch the news, do you hear much about the persecution of Christians and Muslims in India? The genocide in Yemen? Why not? I'll tell you why! The West has little to no political or economic interests in vilifying any of those oppressed groups. However, when a very small minority of extremely overmatched Palestinians, in terms of weapons, tactical training, and finance, show the least bit of resistance against their occupiers and oppressors, it's headline news!
4. American Christians who know Palestinian Christians and those who have spent much time with them in Palestine have a much different story to tell than what we see on "the news". The same holds true for those who have firsthand accounts from friends who have spent quality time in the Holy Land with our precious Muslim Sisters and Brothers. I made the "Christian" distinction solely to appeal to my large Christian following, many of whom have yet to overcome tragically inaccurate stereotypes of Muslims.
5. MANY of my Jewish Sisters and Brothers agree with my conclusions wholeheartedly, with the exception of obvious theological differences, and came to them long before I did.
6. Palestinian Christians can trace their heritage back to the very first Jewish followers of Jesus in the FIRST CENTURY, and have a MUCH better Biblical hermeneutic than Western Christians whose Zionist theology originated in 16th century England- an overlooked convenience for the Brits who were the protagonists of the establishment of "Israel" in 1948.
7. This world is filled with a beautiful majority who long to be Loved and Love in Peace!
8. I stand in solidarity with every human being who desires to dwell in true PEACE, with equal justice for ALL.
I could type much more, but I digress for now.
I'm willing to talk or video chat with anyone who is open-minded and can't reconcile the Love of Jesus with the genocide in Gaza.
Much Love to All, and let's do all we can to demand a #ceasefire and end the mindless genocide in Gaza! ALL lives are precious!
Theologian, Peacemaker, & Lover of All God's Children